The twin ferrule design and sequential action of the fittings overcome the inherent variation of the tube wall thickness and hardness to ensure safe, reliable, leak free connections. SUPER-LOK tube fittings are easily installed with any special tools. The front ferrule swages onto the tube as it moves down the cone of the body creating a pressure/vacuum tight seal on both the tube and body by interface pressure and surface finish of the matching components.
The back ferrule deforms into the tube creating a strong mechanical and anti-vibration hold on the tube. The internal diameter of the body and nut are closely controlled thereby constraining the tube within a close tolerance of its axis ensuring accurate alignment within the assembled fitting. In the case of SS tube fittings high hardness of ferrules is assured and maintained. For reliable joints the positive tolerance on the inside diameter of the ferrules and the body is kept to a minimum. The nut threads are SILVER coated to ensure no galling.
The SUPER-LOK twin ferrule connection does not in any way reduce the strength of the tube and therefore thin walled tubing can be safely used.
Some of the important features of SUPER-LOK twin ferrules tube fittings are:
- Leak tight assembly from high pressure to vacuum
- The assembly can be used many times
- The tube does not twist during assembly
- Controlled tightening, no distortion of the tube
- Low tightening torque due to the nut design
- The nut is SILVER plated to avoid galling
- The fitting can be used in high and low temperatures
- Anti-Vibration grip on the tube