Analogue Signal Processing
Plant measurements such as temperature, pressure, level, flow, weight, speed etc, must not be degraded on their way from the field to the control room.
Conversion or changes to these signals requires electronics of the highest quality, which can also withstand wide ambient temperature changes, electro-magnet interference, a vibrating environment, corrosive or hazardous atmospheres.
WAVESERIES has established a fine reputation in this environment, with its
- Isolators – for standardized (mA, V) signals
- Transmitters – to amplifiy delicate sensor outputs into standardized values
- Process alarms (or Trip amplifiers) – to switch relays at preset analogue input levels
- Unique choice of fixed range and configurable options
- Inputs accepted from most electrical sources, e.g. d.c. mV, V, mA, thermocouples, RTDs, resistance, potentiometers, strain gauges, frequency, a.c. voltage, a.c. current.
- Outputs – the common d.c. mA, V ranges, and volt-free relay contacts are available
- Easy installation – the high stability of the WAVEANALOG PRO forms enables quick set-up via DIP switches – then immediate connection – with no need for calibration adjustment or checks.
- Pluggable connections, which simplify commissioning and maintenance
- Power cross-connection facility, which helps reduce cabling
- Many international approvals, including CE, UL, CSA, GL
- Ex options for Class 1, Division 2 hazardous areas
- Global sales and technical support through Weidmuller’s international offices and distributors
WAVECONTROL is a sub-section of the Waveseries range, focused on a.c. voltage and current monitoring.
Typical applications include low voltage distribution line or phase voltage measurements, and current monitoring for a.c. motors.
Apart from including the Wave construction features above, Wavecontrol offers:
- Direct a.c. or d.c. current inputs up to 60A, or a.c. voltages up to 450V
- Inputs and d.c. outputs are selctable via DIP switches, without further calibration
- Hall-effect sensor option, which allows the cable measured to be fed through the Wavecontrol housing, making the use of a current transformer unnecessary for applications up to 60A
- Din rail mountable current transformers for measurements up to 500A
WAVEDATA is a useful isolator option for interface conversion, with
- A choice of RS232 to RS 485/422 or RS 232 to TTY interfacing
- 3-way isolation
- DIP switch configurability
WAVETOOL is a support software application for Waveanalog PRO products. Downloadable to your PC or laptop, Wavetool is there to help you to
- Verify that the input / output combination required can be done
- Illustrate the DIP switch positions required