AreaRAE portable, 1to5 sensors wireless multi Gas Detector
Supplied by: Active Environmental Solutions
The AreaRAE is a one-to-five sensor gas detector which can be optionally equipped with a wireless, RF (radio frequency) modem which allows the unit to communicate and transmit readings and other information on a real-time basis with a remotely located base controller.
In its simplest form, the AreaRAE is a rugged, weatherproof, one-to-five sensor portable monitor that can run over 24- hours on either rechargeable lithium-ion, or alkaline batteries.
It is also the first ''lunch box'' type multi-sensor instrument able to include a photoionization detector (PID) for parts-per-million measurement of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), as well as LEL, O2 and up to two electrochemical toxic sensors for measurement of specific toxic substances such as CO and H2S.
The optional RF modem allows real-time data transmission with a base controller located up to two-miles away from the AreaRAE detector. Any personal computer can be used as the base station for an AreaRAE system.
The standard ProRAE Remote software used to control AreaRAE systems is capable of monitoring the input of up to 16 remotely-located monitors.
AreaRAE options include the ability to track and display readings from remotely located detectors on a GPS map, using the wireless communications link for two-way voice communication, and even video image transmission between AreaRAE detectors and the base controller.
The AreaRAE is ideal for hazmat and other emergency response monitoring programs. AreaRAE detectors can be used to quickly establish an emergency perimeter by setting out multiple monitors at strategic locations, then backing off to a position of safety to monitor readings over the wireless link.
Standard Features of Wireless, Multi-channel, Transportable Multi Gas Monitor - AreaRAE:
- Up to five sensors (PID, LEL, O2 and two toxic)
- Loud buzzer and large, extra-bright warning light
- Large LCD display and keypad
- Rugged, weather-proof housing (IP55)
- Built-in pump
- Interchangeable Li-ion or alkaline battery pack
- Continuous operation via AC source
Additional Advantages of Wireless, Multi-channel, Transportable Multi Gas Monitor - AreaRAE:
- Optional real-time wireless data transmission with built-in RF modem
- View real-time sensor data and alarm status at headquarters or command center
- ProRAE Remote software simultaneously controls and displays readings for up to 16 remote detectors
- License free, ISM band RF transmission with communication range up to 2- miles
- Optional wall-mounting bracket or field mounting tri-pod adapter
Applications of Wireless, Multi-channel, Transportable Multi Gas Monitor - AreaRAE:
- HAZMAT and Emergency Response
- Refineries and petrochemical plants
- Confined Space Entry
- Power plants
- Pulp and paper industry
- Plant and mill turnarounds
- Marine and offshore wells
Monitor only includes
- Monitor as specified
- Sensors as specified
- Carbon filters (for units with CO)
- Calibration adapter
- Quick reference guide
- Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Shoulder strap
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack
- 120V AC/DC Wall Adapter (if specified)
- Spare alkaline battery pack
- Water-trap adapter
- 10 Water trap filters
- Inlet probe 3''
- Hard transport case with pre-cut foam
- 15' (5M) Teflon tubing
- Tool kit
- Lamp cleaning kit (if instrument equipped with PID)
Instrument with calibration kit also includes
- Calibration gas (kit may contain multiple cylinders depending on the sensors installed)
- Calibration regulator and tubing (kit may contain a second regulator depending on the types of calibration gases included)
- Hard transport case with pre-cut foam
Datalogging Monitors also includes
- Software, ProRAE Suite Package for Windows 95, 98 and NT
- Computer interface cable
ProRAE Remote Basic Host Software Package includes
- ProRAE Remote Software
- RAELink modem
- Hardware key for control of up to 16- detectors
RAE Systems Authorised Australian Distributor and Repair Centre