CIGWELD expands COMET range with edgy new design
Supplied by: Cigweld
The launch of COMET Edge on the 21st February 2011 will enhance the CIGWELD Professional line with a uniquely designed regulator, superior in quality, proven in performance and unsurpassed in safety.
By Laura Carrazza
COMET Edge has taken regulators to a new level.
CIGWELD have been manufacturing gas equipment since 1922, and since then regulators have come a long way.
From the original cumbersome chunky brass RA Series that were limited by cylinder pressures which have more than doubled in the last 50 years, to the introduction of the CIGWELD COMET range in 1988 that reinvented the look of regulators in the Australian market today.
Now, in 2011, CIGWELD have introduced a new member to the family, the COMET Edge Regulator which is significantly advanced in both its features and design.
This is the biggest revolution in regulator design in over 20 years, incorporating added gauge guards that ensure the regulator fits snugly within the cylinder profile protecting it from hard knocks and the accidental damage of a falling cylinder.
This unique design feature guarantees a robust and durable exterior unsurpassed by other regulators on the market.
In addition to the gauge guard, the COMET Edge boasts an encapsulated seat for precise pressure and flow control, colour coded pressure gauges and control knobs, a Gas Guard safety device and most importantly the reassurance of quality through a 5 year warranty and compliance with AS4267.This extensive range of functional and design features ensure a user-friendly regulator with safety and longevity in mind.
CIGWELD Professional COMET Edge Regulator:
- Launched to Australian market: 21st February 2011
- Used predominantly for cutting and heating in heavy industrial markets such as mining, fabrication workshops, heavy construction and maintenance on plant and equipment.
- The most advanced design in regulators in 20 years
- Encapsulated Seat Technology (EST) for precise pressure and flow control
- Colour coded control knob for easy gas identification
- Colour coded gauges for ease of reading and setting correct operation pressures
- Gas Guard nipple ensures total gas shut off if the inlet connection is broken
- The only regulator independently certified to AS4267
- Guaranteed quality backed by 5 year warranty
- Quality manufacturing assured by IS9001
J.B Arnold commenced operations in Australia in 1922 as manufacturers of gas welding equipment, before establishing CIG (Commonwealth Industrial Gases) in 1935.
CIGWELD branched off as CIG's equipment division in 1985 with a focus on welding and gas equipment, before separating completely in 1989.
CIGWELD was acquired by Thermadyne in 1996 and expanded its product portfolio globally to include other prominent welding and cutting brands around the world such as Tweco, Thermal Dynamics, Arcair and Stoody.
The new company name of Victor Technologies, made effective in May 2012, is a celebration of the proud heritage within our strongest regional brands Victor and CIGWELD. It allows the company to re-poition the organization in the global markets and signals a return to our roots, with the company vsion of "Innovation to Shape the World".