CIGWELD vacuum packaging for arc welding electrodes
20/07/2011 - In mid-2010 Victor Technologies released the CIGWELD Professional Ultra-Seal Vacuum pack for Alloycraft and Ferrocraft very low hydrogen (H4 status) welding electrodes. Laura Carrazza, Marketing Communications Manager
In today's workplace where time and cost efficiency are critical, it is a common complaint that the pre-conditioning process required for rebaking electrodes can be both time consuming and costly.
As a manufacturer of electrodes since the 1940s, CIGWELD have committed to continual product innovations and upgrades to suit the demands of the market. As a result Thermadyne released the CIGWELD Professional Ultra-Seal Vacuum Packs.
Ultra-Seal electrodes remain in perfect 'factory fresh' and 'moisture-free' condition for an indefinite period provided the vacuum seal remains intact and undamaged. The electrodes are hermetically packaged and sealed which ensures they can be used in critical welding applications without the need for pre-conditioning. This is an enormous benefit to the end-user in terms of savings in both handling and reconditioning costs.
CIGWELD's Professional Ferrocraft and Alloycraft low hydrogen electrodes, and Satincrome and Weldall stainless steel welding electrodes are now available in he Ultra Seal Vacuum packaging.
New and improved packaging from Thermadyne-CIGWELD:
- 2.5kg aluminised foil vacuum packs with new Ultra-Seal branding
- Direct replacement for 3kg steel cans with no change to flux formulations
- Moisture-free, with indefinite shelf life while vacuum seal remains intact and undamaged.
- Due to hermetic packaging directly after baking, the end user does not need to precondition electrodes, provided vacuum pack is intact
- Substantial savings in handling/baking costs and time
- Ultra-seal packs have far better transportability compared to steel cans
CIGWELD have released a complete family of six Transmig 3-in-1 MIG,...
The WeldSkill 250 & 350 MIGS now allow the average tradesman to buy a...
The launch of COMET Edge on the 21st February 2011 will enhance the...