Complying with Australian standards
05/06/2012 - You may or may not be aware, but under the Australian Standard AS4084, it is a requirement that ALL 'Pallet Racking Installations' should be inspected at least once per annum to ensure that they comply with the standard AS4084.
Items relevant to these inspections include:
- Correct Safe Working Load Signage is displayed.
- Configuration of beams and beam levels are compliant with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Safety Clips are installed on all beams.
- Construction and spacing of rack frames are compliant with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Masonry fixings of floor plates are compliant with AS4084.
- Any damage or deflections of beams or frames are within the parameters specified in AS4084.
- Design and installation of racking system provides for “Safe Working” practices for employees.
It is important that business owners, managers, warehouse or logistics managers are aware of these obligations, especially in light of the increased activity by the various “Worksafe” inspectors in all states.
As part of our services package ISS ProRack is now offering to conduct a comprehensive audit and inspection of your pallet rack installation, and provide a documented report, FREE OF CHARGE.
This offer is made regardless of whose racking you have installed, we will still conduct the inspection without obligation, but with the hope that you will give ISS favourable consideration if any rectification work is required to your current installation, or most certainly give us the opportunity to quote on any racking, shelving or materials handling requirements you may have in the future.
ISS also offers a unique “Extended Inspection and Maintenance Program” which does incur a nominal annual fee per site, if you would like to no more about this program please contact us and we will provide detailed information.
If you would like to no more about our FREE OFFER, or if you would like to confirm and arrange a time for an inspection, please contact us and we will be only too pleased to assist.