Electronic Arc Height Sensor. Model: GULLCO GK-203-400-C
Weld-Mart introduces the Electronic Arc Height Sensor from Gullco. Accurate arc detection and precise control over the torch height ensures repetitive high quality welds in your welding operations.
The Electronic Arc Height Sensor (E.A.H.S.) from Gullco is an automated welding system used throughout the world to automate and improve the quality and efficiency of the weld produced in automatic mechanized welding operation. This is achieved through minimizing weld defects such as poor penetration, incomplete fusion, over-lap and undercut. Also, detrimental factors such as poor or awkward accessibility, operator fatigue, or inconsistent workmanship are eliminated. Required quality levels are consistently attained and productivity and profitability increased.
The E.A.H.S. works by measuring welding current, comparing it to a target value that has been taught by the operator and automatically adjusting the height of the welding gun to maintain the target welding current.
The model GK-203-400-C is a standalone unit meaning it does not interface with the wire feeder. The arc activation trigger signal of the welding equipment that is used to start/stop the welding process must come from a separate piece of equipment, i.e. customer supplied control or other Gullco equipment. This advanced Electronic Arc Height Sensor package uses Gullco’s sophisticated, yet easy to use, E.A.H.S remote pendant control, in conjunction with a 4” linear slide assembly and current sensing control box, to provide precision arc height control during the welding process.
• Lightweight and durable components to reduce operator fatigue.
• The 4” standard slide features engraved top, bottom and centre marks for quick slide position reference to aid setup.
• Standard 25 ft. of remote pendant control cable means the current sensor main control box can be kept away from the work area reducing trip hazards; an additional 25 ft. extension is available.
• Easy setup and torch calibration.
• Sensor control box design allows the operator to use their standard existing welding cables.
• Extremely accurate arc detection
• Slide travel speed factory set at 10 IPM (25.4cm/min), programmable range of 3 IPM (7.6cm/min) to 17 IPM (43.2cm/min)
• Easy to use remote pendant interface.
• Coarse and fine slide adjustment.
E.A.H.S. Unit Accessories
GK-203-070: 500 AMP CURRENT SENSOR
This sensor increases the current sensing range up to 97% of 500 amps (485 amps). It is a direct replacement for the existing 400 amp sensor.
GK-203-086: LINEAR OSCILLATOR TO E.A.H.S. SLIDE ADAPTER
This adapter kit allows the Gullco Linear Oscillator (GK-201-120) to be mounted to the E.A.H.S. slide (GK-203-001). Slides not included.
GK-203-092: REMOTE PENDANT EXTENSION 25 FT (7.62m)
This 25 ft. (7.62m) extension will increase the total length of control cable between the control box and the remote pendant to 50 ft (15.24m)
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION TODAY!
Kat® Carriage Torch IndexingSend Request
Welding Robot Package | RoboweldSend Request
Smootharc MIG 451 Progress Pulse (Remote water cooled)Send Request
Welding Accessories - Master MLS Control PanelsSend Request
Transtig 170TiSend Request
Virtual Welding Training Simulator | FroniusSend Request