Product or Service
Hose | PTFE
Supplied by: Pacific Hoseflex
Polytetrafluoroethylene (P.T.F.E) is an engineered plastic resin in the fluorocarbon group, this resin displays outstanding chemical resistance to a wide variety of chemicals.
- The only known classes of chemicals that attack PTFE are molten alkali metals such as sodium and potassium and halogenated chemicals like fluorine gas or chlorine trifluoride. Other halogens such as freon are known to effuse at a given rate.
- PTFE Hose is flexible and strong and when combined with stainless steel braid can perform under high pressure and continuous flexing and vibration conditions.
- With a wide range of chemicals compatibility PTFE Hose can handle an almost endless variety of fluids at extremes of pressure and temperature. It is the most universal hose known.
- PTFE Hose can withstand temperatures from -100°F to +500°F (-73°C to + 260°C) under most operating conditions.
- PTFE Hose can withstand pressures ranging from full suction to +8,000 PSI under most operating conditions.
- Almost no substance can stick to PTFE. This property ensures the purity of any product transferred via a PTFE Hose. It also allows for alternate use with different products.
- PTFE lacks affinity to moisture. Also, no odour, taste, or colour is added by contact with PTFE, making it an FDA approved material for food contact.
- Weather, exposure or time dose not affect PTFE. A PTFE Hose has a limitless shelf life.
- Food and Beverages
- Power Plants
Contact Pacific Hoseflex