How to write a News Release
17/10/2009 - Knowing how to write a good News Press Release is important as they are an effective way to communicate important news worthy events to the marketplace.
A News Release is different from a Feature Article or Product Release and it needs to be written as such in order to stand the best chance of having it published to a wide audience of potential buyers.
Examples of a News Release can include:
- Awards won and recognition received
- Mergers and acquisitions
- New capabilities, production or distribution processes
- New management staff or new partnerships
- New customer wins or successful implementations for new customers
Optimising your News Press Release for search engines
It is important to write with search engines in mind as they can provide considerable exposure for your content.
You can use Google’s Keyword Research Tool to find the most highly searched keyword phrases relating to the article’s subject. Pick one or two popular phrases and use them throughout your article. Include them in the headline, first paragraph and main content.
- You stand a better chance of ranking for 2 or 3 word phrases rather than 1 word.
- Use your keyword phrases early on in the headline, first paragraph and main content.
- Don’t overuse or place keywords in non structured sentences. This can harm rankings.
Guide to writing your News Press Release
These suggestions will help you create a number of paragraphs that will flow together smoothly to produce interesting and compelling News Releases.
- Headline - Summarise the news event in one short line to use as the headline. Use roughly nine to ten words.
- Introduction - In a short introductory paragraph clearly describe the news event that has happened.
- Body - Include between 1 to 3 separate points that explain why this news is important.
- State how this news came about and what led to it happening.
- What affect will this news have on the marketplace?
- Include quotes from those involved in this news. Include their full name, position and title.
- Talk about other interesting facts that relate to this news.
- Conclusion - Close by objectively summarising the important facts about this news article.
Getting your News Press Release published
There are a number of ways to get your news articles published. You can distribute them to your own database, to print and online media or to broadcast media. Choose the audiences most relevant to your article.
Industracom has seen a marked increase in value for advertisers with the re...