Panasonic PLC Training Course (1 Day)
27/08/2012 - Control Logic offers a comprehensive in-house and on-site training program. We offer scheduled courses for automation products that can keep you up-to-date on all the latest industrial control technologies. All courses are FREE so all you need to do is spare the time!
Control Logic is pleased to offer our customers a comprehensive training course covering the programming of the FP series family of PLCs from Panasonic. Some of you may also know this product range from its previous branding names of National or Nais.
The aim of the course is to familiarise you with the features and benefits of FPWIN Pro programming software and the Panasonic range of PLCs. We will cover some basic programming exercises, however, it is not our aim to teach you PLC programming. As such, we would hope that all in attendance have at least some basic programming knowledge.
Each Student will be provided with a copy of the current Panasonic FPWIN Pro programming software licensed for a maximum of 2700 steps. We would prefer each student to bring their own laptop, however we have a limited number of loan units available for use on the day.
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
Introduction to each of the following Panasonic PLC models
- FPG (Sigma)
- Brief overview of the Legacy systems FP1, FP3 and FP10SH
Present the three options available for programming of the Panasonic FP Family of PLCs
- FP Loader
- FPWIN GR – Basic Ladder Software
- FPWIN Pro – IEC 61131-3 compliant software package
Programming training is then presented utilising the FPWIN Pro package covering the following subject matter
- Explanation of the IEC standard 61131 and how this impacts the programming environment, focusing on its advantages over basic ladder type software
- IEC Data types and numbering systems
- Global Variables, Local Variables and Tag Names
- PLC Program Structure – accessing System Registers, Global Variables, Task List, Function Library and Program Sections(POUs)
- The programming environment, tools and workspace
- PLC Memory Map and addressing structure
- PLC Manuals and Help files
- Function Libraries
- Numerous live exercises covering topics such as programming, compiling, connecting to the PLC, downloading, monitoring and forcing of conditions.
- Creation of User defined Functions and Function Blocks to allow the easy reuse of sections of code