Australia’s #1 Industrial B2B Marketplace
Personal Radiation Detector - NeutronRAE II
NeutronRAE II is the first personal radiation detector to provide rapid detection of both gamma (Y) ray and neutron sources even in potentially flammable environments.
Certified intrinsically safe and water-immersible for chemical decontamination purposes, the NeutronRAE II can be safely used in more environments than any other personal gamma and neutron radiation detector.
The NeutronRAE II is designed for use in rough environments. It is immersible (IP67) in water for easy decontamination, and a concussion-proof case provides shock protection if the detector is dropped.
The two-button operation is designed for use even in Level A protection suits with two layers of gloves.
The NeutronRAE II features fast response time for both the neutron and gamma radiation.
Alarm modes can be set to operate in 'Search Mode' based on local background radiation levels or 'Safety Mode' providing high and low alarm levels based on absolute dose rates.
Key Features of Personal Radiation Detector - NeutronRAE II:
- Detects neutrons from weapons-grade Plutonium (239Pu)
- Sensitive CsI and LiI scintillators for excellent search capability and fast response
- Prominent visible, audible and vibration alarms
- Immersible in water for easy decontamination
- Top-mounted invertible display
- Continuous digital readout in µR/h (µRem/h), µSv/h (µSieverts/h) and cps (counts per second) for gamma; cps (counts per second) for neutron radiation
- Dust and shock resistant
- Two AA Alkaline batteries last up to 600 hours
- Automatic background level referencing on start-up and upon user demand
- Passes drop test from 59' (1.5m) to hard concrete
- Low EMI interference from cell phones and portable radios
- Programmable search and high/low safety alarms
Applications of Personal Radiation Detector - NeutronRAE II:
- Alert First Responders to radioactive threats
- Customs & border patrols
- Law enforcement
- Security officers in nuclear power facilities, banks, government laboratories, medical facilities
- Government agencies
- HazMat teams
- Fire Departments
RAE Systems Authorised Australian Distributor and Repair Centre
On-Belt Elemental Analyser | GEOSCAN - CSend Request
Flame Detector | X3301Send Request
Personal Radiation Detector | Roffey MK3Send Request
Flame Detectors | FireflySend Request
Inspection Equipment | Food Industry | AccuweighSend Request
X-Ray Inspection for Cans | T50 | SafelineSend Request