RotaTherm® Continuous Cooker
Flexible Equipment That Delivers
RotaTherm® is the world’s leading Direct Steam Injection Continuous Cooking System. It is designed so that you can set the heating and processing parameters as you require.
These include cooking temperature, heating profile, shear, pressure, mixing as well as various other settings – all with a precise level of control. Moreover, the RotaTherm® continuous cooking system can be operated continuously for up to 92 hours at a time.
The first RotaTherm® continuous cooker was trialed in the late 1980’s by its inventor, Robert ‘Bob’ Smith. Over the last two decades, we have continued to innovate and perfect the RotaTherm® ever since.
Currently, the RotaTherm® is used around the globe to cook and process a wide range of food products such as all processed cheese varieties (including high/low moisture), baby food, chunky sauces, purees, dips, pie fillers, taco meat, desserts, pet food and more. In fact, the RotaTherm® is able to process any product that is ‘pumpable’ through contained pipework.
A More Efficient Way To Work
The RotaTherm® Continuous Cooking system is all about introducing greater efficiency into your production process at the same time as delivering exceptional quality product.
This sophisticated piece of industrial cooking and processing equipment is loaded with intelligent thinking and boasts:
- A capability for non-stop production of up to 92 hours – meaning you get increased productivity and improved yield.
- Pasteurisation and Sterilization / UHT are achieved through super-efficient even heating –which delivers improved bacteriological results and therefore improvements in product shelf life.
- Heating energy is directly injected and fused with product – making it an extremely efficient cooking system to run.
- A super-quick 20 seconds to reach its cook set point – meaning reduced processing time.
- Shorter product exposure to heat treatment – resulting in improved product quality, fresher appearance and flavour, plus a cleaner palate.
- Flexible parameters – so you can easily adjust and set the cook temperature/heating profile/pressure/mechanical working on product.
- Leading-edge technology that delivers accurately controlled cooking and processing.
- The capability to produce highly consistent product with a lower formulation cost and better density control.
- Pause control – so it is possible to interrupt flow without waste or rework.
- Intelligently designed to require minimal maintenance and have a small physical footprint (1m x 1m).
The RotaTherm® Continuous Cooker has been designed to be able to take on even the most demanding production process with ease. The Direct Steam Injection RotaTherm® Continuous Cooking system capabilities include:
- Pasteurisation, UHT / Sterilization and Aseptic capability.
- Throughput rates of 100 – 7,000+ kg/hr.
- Cook temperatures up to 145°C.
- Non-stop production capability of 92 hrs.
- Viscosity management capability.
- Control over the work on the product.
- Particulate management capability: can maintain integrity of particles up to 25mm.
- Self-diagnostic capabilities.
- Large turn down ratio.
- Temperature-managed surfaces in high temperature zones.
- Conforms to USDA and CE standards.
The following percentages are further confirmation of the RotaTherm’s® standout food processing advantages over other systems.
- Waste - Up to 30% reduction in current waste
- Weight Control - Up to 25% reduction in overweight
- Moisture - Up to 0.5% increase in target moisture
- Formulation Cost Reduction - Up to 10% reduction in formulation cost
- Productivity - Up to 30% increase in productivity
- Labour - Up to 30% reduction in labour content
- Cleaning Chemicals - Up to 60% reduction in cleaning chemicals
*Above percentages are based on our previous installations of the Direct Steam Injection RotaTherm® Continuous Cooking system.