Safetech strengthens its scissor lift engineering team
24/02/2010 - Safetech have added an industrial design engineer to their engineering design team. L Wakefield
The Safetech design team now includes 6 engineers, who work fulltime on the design and manufacture of lifting and materials handling products.
This can be contrasted with many other Australian Materials Handling companies – most of whom have little or no engineering resource.
Bruce Cox, Safetech's lead engineer explained that "the design and manufacture of scissor lifts is complex, and requires a detailed knowledge of Australian safety standards.
"We often see lift tables engineered with little understanding of local laws and even less respect for the demands of the industrial environment. This is particularly true of imported scissor lifts that are slight in their build.
"In Europe and China, a scissor lift is not expected to last 5 years – we think that is inadequate in Australia. AS1418 – the standard governing these devices requires a minimum 10 year design life."
Safetech have built more than 4,000 scissor lift tables and our knowledge of their safety and function is unmatched.
Do the Safetech 10 point safety check before buying.
Do you have all of these safety features?
- Smartlift - the Smartlift provides safety recoil with safety alarm, indexing and diagnostic feedback on the tables function;
- Safety bar standard on all tables with fail-to-safe wiring circuit, optional scissor skirt available;
- Flow control to prevent collapse of the platform if the hose is pierced or ruptures;
- Hold down lugs to fix the table to the floor for increased stability;
- Roller retainers to eliminate upending of the platform or legs lifting from base with dynamatic eccentric loading;
- Vent line to provide a visual indication of oil flow and spillage;
- Maintenance chocks for safe service and maintenance access;
- Normally closed hyd. valves - lift will not lower if there is an interruption of the electric power;
- High engineered safety factor in scissor base and legs, platform and hydraulic piping system;
- 24 V in the hand controls.
Safetech's scissor lifts are supplied with all these safety features as standard and the basic structural design is far more robust than other scissor lift designs which use a thinner leg design and no electronic safety controls.
Added to this focus on safety are the other options and features readily available from Safetech. They include multiple turntable options, customised deck sizes, special surface treatments, workbench additions, tilting decks or even personnel carrying modifications for our scissor lifts.
Contact Safetech for expert help with scissor lifts or our other products such as:
- Dock Lifts
- Goods Hoists
- Freight Lifts
- Pallet Inverters
- Pallet Dispensers
- Stretch Wrappers
Scissor Lifts are a great way to efficiently and safely lift a heavy weight....
Safetech have added to their manufacturing resource with the opening of a new...
Victorian workplace safety equipment manufacturer, Safetech, has been named...