South West Hydraulic & Pneumatic Services joins with Millers Oil
09/12/2008 - The purpose being to provide customers with yet another service in the field of high Technology Oil filtration and condition monitoring services.
When Hydraulic & Lubricating Oils have reached the point where they would normally be replaced the choice can be made to replace the oils or have them filtered.
Benefits of Filtration:
- The cost of filtration is less than half the cost of new oil.
- The filtered oil will be cleaner than new oil.
- No costs of storage or disposal of used oil.
- Labour resources not required to service the machine.
- No additives removed in the filtering process.
- Reduced breakdowns.
- Machines more efficient in operation.
Applications for oil filtration.
- As part of the normal maintenance routine.
- After failure of major components.
- When analysis reports indicate high levels of contamination.
Condition Monitoring is having samples of your oils on a machine by machine basis analysed by a Specialist Laboratory. The Laboratory produces a comprehensive “Oil Analysis Report”. The results are considered and compared to past results or to a sample of new oil. The results are held on file for future comparison.
The results of the oil analysis often give indications of potential machine failure situations. Sometimes remedial action can avert a breakdown, on other occasions repairs can be undertaken on a planned and timely basis.
A review of filtration methods on machines in different applications can be undertaken to reduce the amount of contaminants that make there way into the oil or are not effectively removed through the use of installed filtration devices.
This includes the air breather; blocked breathers can cause the reservoir to retain pressure which can lead to leaks and other failures. Ineffective breathers can allow the ingress of contaminants which leads to dirty oil, premature blockage of the filter and strainer. Each of these situations places additional load and wear on the machines components.
Filtration devices installed on the machines are reviewed. Alternative or additional devices can be recommended depending on the application, usage and environment.
Oil in service leaves a filmy residue on the walls and floor of oil reservoirs. Periodically this sludge needs to be removed from the system. Draining the tank does not remove the sludge which can be a source of contamination when refilled with clean oil. As the tank needs to be opened to undertake this process it is also a good opportunity to remove the pickup strainer for cleaning or replacing as required.
SOURCE & SUPPLY FILTERS
We have a ready source of supply of filters, strainers and other consumables. Custom built filters are also available.
MINOR MECHANICAL REPAIRS
As part of its service, a visual inspection of machinery is undertaken. Areas of concern are highlighted to the client. Repairs can be undertaken on the clients behalf where required. This includes replacement hoses, seals, pressure gauges and other items depending on the application.
These services are provided by South West Hydraulics through its authorised sub contractor Millers Oil, and are an additional service we are able to offer our valued Customers.
South West Hydraulics has now been appointed Australian Distributors for Siro Pumps.
Siro stands for: “ Silent Rotor ”
This and other unique features offer many benefits including
- Extreme low noise in operation
- Well balanced for Longevity of components
- Reduced energy consumption
- Large range of displacements (5.5 - 226 cc/rev )
- Wide range of combinations and displacements available for both double and triple pumps
- A robust high quality product proven in the arduous operating conditions with the Rail transport industry