Switch Boots - APM HEXSEAL®
Unsealed switches are internally susceptible to damage and shorting from water, lubricants, dust, dirt, sand, salt spray, corrosive atmospheres, fungus and other damaging contaminants.
Even factory sealed switch function is susceptible to ice and dust build-up. And, all switch panelmounting cutouts are vulnerable to contaminant seepage including spilled soft drinks, coffee, etc. APM’s UL-recognized HEXSEAL® and E-SEEL® sealing boots provide complete and reliable, costeffective, long-term protection.
How HEXSEAL® & E-SEEL®
Boots protect Working closely with switch, potentiometer and circuit breaker manufacturers and users for more than 60 years, APM has developed an extensive line of tough, pliant silicone rubber (other materials available for specific environments) panel seals that function harmoniously with the switch’s manual and automatic operation and position status viewing. Our panel seals are UL 50 tested and Recognized. In this age of recalls and expensive field servicing, installing a HEXSEAL boot is the most effective and least expensive way to protect and guard against switch, circuit breaker and otentiometer failures.
- Marine instrument panels
- Military equipment and vehicles
- Food processing equipment
- Air conditioning systems
- Heat pumps
- Off-road construction equipment
- Machine tool controls
- Spas/hot tubs
- Commercial laundry equipment
- Construction elevator controls
- Waste treatment system controls
- Chemical plant process controls
- Paint spraying equipment
- Industrial machinery
- Medical electronic equipment
- Ground support equipment
- Electronic/electrical instrument control panels
- Emergency power equipment
- Outdoor compressor/pump controls
- Transport refrigeration systems
- Automotive diagnostic equipment
- Lighting control centers
- Commercial refrigeration systems
- Or any application requiring environmental protection for switches.
Features & Benefits
- Designed and made in USA … to insure high, consistent quality with local full tech service backup.
- Exclusive UL-Recognized HEXSEAL® & E-SEEL® Boots … facilitate easier "agency approval" of the equipment in which they are used. No other competitive seals in the world have these approvals.
- Third party inspection … UL regularly inspects our facilities and products.
- Military Specifications … most HEXSEAL® Boots are produced to meet MIL-DTL-5423 (see product pages specification charts).
- Time Tested … since our original patents and for more than 60 years, millions of HEXSEAL® Boots reliably function in hostile conditions throughout the world.
- Transparent RUBRGLAS® (indicators) rugged silicone rubber material… resists tearing and most hostile environmental contaminants. Retains tactile feel, will not discolor, yellow, crack or dry out due to UV/aging.
- Choose precise boot color for color matching…to match panel and/or delineate function – identification.
- DFARS compliant
- RoHS compliant … per document 2002/95/EC
- Patented perimeter sealing rib … seals the switch/circuit breaker panel-mounting cutout, preventing contaminant seepage.
- Toggle actuated boots feature secondary inner seal … to protect against contaminant entry in the event the upper chamber portion is punctured. And, also protects against differential pressure.
- All toggle and pushbutton boots feature high-strength rubber-to-metal bond … cross-linking adhesion assures rubber will not separate from the mounting nut.
- Pre-lubricated (optional) half-toggle and full-toggle boots … assure easier installation on large diameter actuators.
- Custom design requirements welcome … in addition to standard products described in this catalog, APM provides technical design assistance with fast, economical prototyping.