Wet/Wet Differential Pressure Switch | Series DX
Supplied by: Dwyer Instruments Aust.
The Series DX is a differential pressure switch that makes a contact output based on the differential between two pressure sources.
Wetted materials of brass and flouroelastomer are suitable for use with most gases and water based solutions. The switch can be used for low differential pressure indication with set point on a decrease of pressure as low as 1 psid (0.07 bar). Differential set point ranges are available from 2.5 to 75 psid (0.17 to 5.17 bar) on increasing differential pressure and 1.0 to 67 psid (0.07 to 4.62 bar) on decreasing differential pressure. Unit features a high static pressure rating of 200 psig (13.8 bar) for higher static pressure applications. Standard is a weatherproof, UL type 4X, enclosure for dust laden, outdoor, or wash-down installation environments. Series DX incorporates an externally adjustable set point, integral mounting flange and a removable electrical terminal block for quick and easy installation. The DX uses opposing diaphragms to sense the high and low pressure with a pivot mechanism that transfers the difference of the two pressures to the SPDT switch.
- Indicating filter differential pressure. For example initiating water filter backwash as the filter becomes clogged on increasing differential pressure.
- Proof of flow indicator monitoring differential pressure from a sensing device. For example sensing the pressure across an orifice plate to prove water flow.
- Proving flow through a pump by sensing the pressure across the pump to make sure the pump does not run dry.
- Proving flow through a chiller. Often called evaporator water pressure drop.
- Proving flow through a heat pump or AC unit. Often called a condenser water lockout switch.