A9 Super High Tensile Bolts
The superior tensile strength is favoured for applications where the joint is subjected to very high service loads.
A9 bolts were developed to be compatible with the requirements of crawler equipment manufacturers such as Caterpillar, Komatsu and John Deere, but the range has found to be suitable in a variety of applications that need high clamping force.
Carefully controlled manufacturing and quality procedures result in bolts that are capable of delivering all of the following benefits:
- Extra strength: 180,000 lbf/in2 is 20% higher than SAE J 429 Grade 8
- Increased head height: improves the wrenching surface during tensioning
- Rounded thread roots: reduces the possibility of fatigue failure.
- Zinc yellow plating: increased corrosion protection
- Tempered steel: provides toughness without sacrificing strength
Both UNRC and UNRF threads are available in diameters from 3/8 to 1 ½ with UNRS available at 1-14 TPI only. Smaller diameters are expected to be added to the range in mid-2005.
The bolt range is complimented by thick nuts, Stover lock nuts and hardened washers, which contribute to the over all integrity of the joint.