Access Controllers | Door Access Controller IQ Series
The IQ Series controllers are PCSC’s benchmark for access control, input and output control monitoring.
System configuration begins with either a two door controller (IQ200) or a four door controller (IQ400). Each controller can be expanded in 4 reader increments, up to 10 or 12 readers.
Modular upgrades with add-on readers, inputs and outputs are engineered into the IQ Series design enabling you to dynamically configure a custom security system with standard off the shelf components.
Each system configuration provides 100% Distributed Intelligence (DI). PCSC’s DI guarantees complete integrity of the security features even during a loss of communication to the host.
All pertinent data necessary to make card access decisions and input/output decisions are stored in the controller and saved in the battery backed up memory for over one year. Additional features provide user applications for simple to high security environments.
Basic card authorization is based on reader, time of day, day of week and holiday control. User activation can enable secondary or affiliation group authentication logics. Increased security features include Escort Required, Two Person Minimum Occupancy, Supervisory Control and 5 State Supervised Alarm Monitoring.
The PCSC “Upgrade Bus” was the first modular architecture allowing an upgrade to higher capacity CPUs in the PCSC controller family. The “Plug and Play” methodology provides an easy, cost effective upgrade path for replacing an aging TIP, MTIP or a MicroLPM series controller.
Capacities of Door Access Controller IQ Series
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 Reader Configurations
- 8,000 to 20,000 or 50,000 Cardholders
- 4,000 to 10,000 History Transactions
- 16 site codes
- 4 Authorization Groups per Cardholder
- 64 Time Periods with 7 Segments Per Period
- 366 Holidays (Leap Year)
- 1 Yr. Battery Backed Clock Calendar and Memory
- Optional Universal Power Supply (90-250 VAC)
Features of Door Access Controller IQ Series
- Legacy Upgrade Capable
- 100% Distributed Intelligence
- Open Architecture
- Handicapped Access
- Automatic Card Deactivation by Date
- Card Action
- User Specified Supervised or Digital Sense Input Definition
- High Security 5 State Alarm Supervision
- Dynamic Input to Output Linking
- User Programmable Input/Output Logic
- Supervisory Access Authorization Logic
- Two Person Minimum Occupancy Rule (TPMOR)
- 3 Tier Anti-Passback
- Supervised Readers
- Electronic Firmware Updates (Flash Memory)
- Real-time Diagnostics
- AC Power Fail Indication
- DC Power Low Indication
- UL 294, 1076, AUSTEL and CE Listed