The VPE 1000 detects selected ultrasonic sound frequencies, and in part using a technique called “heterodyning”, translates the sound to a lower frequency which your ear (or spectrum analyzer) can interpret. VPE 1000 will quickly pinpoint turbulent leak sounds as well as friction in worn rotating equipment.
Thousands of dollars in wasted energy and downtime can be avoided using the VPE 1000 to identify these otherwise invisible losses in compressed air / vacuum systems, steam traps and valves. It is also one of the simplest ways to detect worn bearings/gears and assure proper lubrication. The VPE 1000 allows for easy trending and establishing of baselines which are essential to any energy conservation and/or preventive maintenance program.
VPE ultrasonic leak detector and bearing checker offers high sensitivity and great sound quality in a compact package. Designed for one hand operation, this lower cost instrument has many of the same quality features as the VPE 1000 offering patented heterodyne technology.
- Advanced, digitally controlled unit
- Dedicated touchprobe sensor for optimum sensitivity and sound quality.
- Two LED displays with peak hold.
- Separate volume and sensitivity settings.
- Wide dynamic range increases effectiveness in loud areas.
- Patended "Heterodyne" design
- Made in the USA
VPE Kit includes:
- VPE-1000 Detector
- Flexible Wave Guide
- 9V Battery
- Passive Noise Reduction Headset
- Touch Probe
- Large CC-2 Carrying Case
- CD Users Manual