The barriers are very effective in minimising traffic noise. In many instances this enables freeways to be built through the center of densely populated urban centers, in situations where road and the dwellings may be only metres apart.
Metal barriers are preferable to traditional concrete barriers in a couple of ways:
- They are considerably lighter and narrower so they can be built in confined spaces and on bridges and flyovers.
- They are more aesthetically pleasing and less obtrusive on the surrounding district.
dB Acoustics produce noise barriers for the reduction in noise from:
- Road transport
- Rail transport
Barriers are built up with dB Modulock panels constructed with galvanised steel with high-grade powdercoat finishes and anti-graffiti treatment. Barriers are either absorptive or reflective.
Advantages of Acoustic Barriers:
- Easy and rapid installation
- Heavy and costly foundations not required
- Colour choices and patterns
- Light non-reflective
- Easy and rapid repair if damaged
- Low transportation costs
- Clean and neat in appearance
- No gaps
- Impervious to vermin and fungus
- Excellent appearance maintained
- Long life durability
Purchasers of barriers include the NSW Roads Authority, the Victorian Roads Authority, Transfield Corporation (builders of Melbourne’s Citylink project), Thiess Contractors, Baulderstone Hornibrook, John Holland and Leighton Contractors.