For manufacturers and importers of telephony products, our Head and Torso Simulator will perform a range of tests, including acoustic shock by measuring the maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL), send and receive frequency and loudness ratings, sidetone and distortion. This gives you the advantage of having accurate, certified results required for government and carrier approval.
Acoustic Testing and Certification of Telephone Products Include:
- Cellular Phones (mobile/smart phone) testing and certification
- Analogue Phone Handsets testing and certification
- Digital Phone (such as ISDN and VoIP) Handsets testing and certification
- Telephone Headsets (including mobile and cordless) testing and certification
- Microphones/Headphones testing and certification
- Hearing Aid Compatibility testing and certification
The Head and Torso Simulator (HATS) is a mannequin with built-in mouth simulator and calibrated ear simulators that provide realistic reproduction of the acoustic properties of an average adult human head and torso.
HATS also includes the Handset Positioner which measures pressure/force and position, the Handset Positioner allows for accurate, repeatable mounting of telephone handsets on the HATS in both standard and user-defined positions. This makes the HATS measurements very repeatable.
Comtest has an international reputation for consistently providing high quality acoustic testing and certification of equipment to the appropriate telephony regulatory standards.
For more information on our Acoustic Testing and Certification of Telephone Product services please call or use the IndustrySearch email form for a direct reply.