Agricultural Chemical: Enhance KCS
Agricultural Chemical,Enhance KCS is Concentrated calcium, silica and potassium suspension to increase plant tolerance to salinity, improve shelf life and quality of fruit and vegetables and enhance disease and pest resistance
Benefits of Agricultural Chemical: Enhance KCS
- Moderates plant response to salinity and high levels of sodium chloride in the soil
- Reduces plant water demand in dry soils whilst increasing yield
- Enhances shelf life and quality of fruit and grain through stronger cell structures and enhanced disease resistance
- Increases SAR (Systemic Acquired Resistance) response to pests and diseases
- Neutral pH compared with other silica formulations, increases compatibility
- Controlled release suspension
- Free flowing formulation makes it easy to decant into spray equipment, mixing tanks and irrigation
The Role of Silica
Silica, whilst not commonly thought of as being essential, plays an important role in modifying the physiology of crops to help them better cope with both biotic (Systemic Acquired Resistance response) and abiotic stress such as salinity - whereby the uptake of sodium is reduced.
Silica enters plants and accumulates around the epidermis of roots, stems and shoots, thus conferring plant strength and standability. Silica forms a gel and associates with calcium and pectins to stabilise cell walls and increase the plant’s ability to handle stress conditions.
Silica therefore, also has the ability to improve shelf life and quality of fruit. Silica also enhances disease resistance which will decrease postharvest rotting of fruit and vegetables.
The Role of Calcium
Calcium is required for the cellulose precursors for cell wall formation. It also stabilises cell membranes and protects them – an important attribute under stress conditions. In fruit crops it is required in high quantities and is important for fruit quality and shelf life.
It is also known that when plants are threatened by infection, calcium binds to a protein called calmodulin that prompts plants to manufacture salicylic acid (SA), a close chemical relative of aspirin. SA acts as a signal molecule that kicks off a series of reactions that help defend against external threats (SAR response).
The Role of Potassium
Potassium regulates water, electrolytes and turgidity of plant cells. In conjunction with silica, the 2 elements work synergistically controlling water relations and reducing plant water demand and increasing tolerance to drought.
Potassium is also vital for cell division, protein and carbohydrate formation, and thus fruit quality. Lack of potassium when the plant is young cannot be compensated for later..
To Know about Agricultural Chemical: Enhance KCS Please click here