- Prevent the build-up of air which progressively restricts the liquid flow
- Prevent collapse of thin wall pipelines under vacuum, by admitting air following a pump stoppage
- Prevent separation and re-joining of the liquid column following a pump stoppage which generates damaging water hammer
Conventional Air valves designed for water service, are generally unsuitable for application in slurry pipelines because they tend to block with solid material contained in the slurry.
Another issue sometimes encountered in the larger sizes of conventional "kinetic" air valves is water hammer caused by sudden valve closure.
UVE now addresses all these issues with its development of two new products, each of which is attachable to its established UVE range of full bore (Type EV) Air-release/Vacuum break valves.
The three Ezi-Vac product choices now available
- Ezi-Vac (Type EV) -Full bore kinetic discharge slurry air release/vacuum break valve
- Ezi-Vac (Type EVA) -Triple-Action Air release/Vacuum break valve with auxiliary automatic slow air release valve.
- Ezi-Vac (Type EVN) -Non-Slam Function slurry air release/vacuum break valve
The Type EVA Triple-Action valve incorporates a smaller secondary air release valve, which is sized and float operated to automatically release air at a reduced rate, as it continuously collects at a high point in the pipeline. It features a large renewable orifice for maximum resistance to blockage and a fully corrosion resistant (316SS and Polyepropylene) float mechanism.
Typical applications are in dirty water, mine dewatering, process slurry (flyash, red mud and copper tailings disposal) pipelines traversing undulating terrain.
All primary (Type EV) Ezi-Vac Air Valves feature full bore with high discharge/intake capacities.