The 3M 425 Aluminium Foil Tape is a dead-soft aluminium foil tape. Applications include masking of sensitive components to protect from damage during aircraft paint stripping. In white goods appliances, tape provides an excellent moisture barrier, helps reflect and dissipate heat in machinery.
The 425 Aluminium Foil Tape from 3M is the 1st choice aluminium foil tape from many industries and companies where they have critical requirements and can't afford to have shutdowns in production or breakdowns of their machinery.
425 Foil Tape has 55 metres per roll, is available in a range of various widths.
Features of the 425 Aluminium Foil Tape
- Flame resistant. Meets U.L. 746C (File E 122798) and 723, Class "L" low flammability rating (File R 7311).
- 3M aluminum foil tape 425 can be certified to meet SAE-AMS-T-23397andL-T-80B.
- Meets requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a).
- The very low moisture vapor transmission rate makes these tapes a good sealant.
- The acrylic adhesive, combined with the durable aluminum backing, offers ideal properties for long serviceable life in and outdoors.
- Good candidate as a maskant in electroplating of aluminum because it will not contaminate the bath.
- Aluminium backing provides excellent reflection of both heat and light.
- Best results obtained when applied to a clean, dry surface above 32°F (0°C). ?3M AluminumFoilTape 425
Application Ideas for the 3M 425 Foil Tape include:
- Aircraft paint stripping maskant.
- Moisture barrier in "white goods" appliances.
- General purpose heat reflector and heat dissipator.
- Mechanically hold wires and cooling coils in “white goods” appliances.
- Repair tears on truck trailers and aircraft.
- Splicing of thin gauge foils.
- General purpose holding, patching, sealing applications – indoors and out.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Machinery maintenance
We stock 3M 425 Metal Foil Tape in 25mm wide and 50mm wide.