- Equipment size small compared to capacity
- Low pressure drop in the reaction chamber (approx. 30 -180 Pascal)
- Can be installed both on the suction side and on the pressure side
- No consumables in operation
- Very low maintenance and operation cost
Mobile pilot system available for reduced scale test (2.500 m3/h)
The Plasma Reaction Chamber
- The PRC is made of stainless steel 316 L
- The PRC is divided into a cluster of hexagonal tubes
- Through the centre of each tube there's a corona wire, isolated from the rest of the chamber
- The high voltage is lead to the PRC from the high voltage generator by a high voltage cable.
- High voltage is applied to the stretched corona wire within the tubes.
- This generates a discharge within the gas volume that emanates from the wire to the wall.
- Once generated, the plasma electrons collide with the background gas molecules, creating chemically active species known as radicals and charge carriers.
- In addition to generating a non-thermal plasma environment, the APP corona reactors simultaneously act as an extremely compact electrostatic precipitator.
Factors that effect the performance of the system include:
- Dirt and dust in the reaction chamber/cells
- Clean chamber improved cleaning efficiency
- Humidity in the input air
- Humidity above 100 % reduced efficiency
- Temperature in the input air
- Temperature above 80 °C reduced efficiency
- Air speed of the input air through the chamber
- Lower speed improved efficiency
- Ambient temperature
- Temperatures above 40 °C reduced efficiency
- Power induced in the reaction chamber
- High power input improved cleaning efficiency
- Feed Mills