Apprentice & Trainee Training
XLt is a Government recognised training organisation authorised to deliver training and ceritification to apprentices and trainees.
Some of the course outlines offered are taken from the Metals and Engineering Training Package (MEM05) and include:
- Certificate III Engineering (Fabrication)
- Certificate II (Production)
Companies can commence apprentices and trainees at any time throughout the year, unlike most TAFE’s where intake is only once per year.
Delivery of off the job training can be in block release or day release and is also flexible to fit in with the companies work loads. The cost of off the job training component is similar to TAFE charges, but many vary slightly due to the individualised nature of training content, (eg. off the shelf training program).
Employing of an Apprentice:
- XLT can assist in interviewing and assessing applicants to determine attitude and aptitude against the requirement of the company.
- A pre-apprenticeship course can follow to ensure applicant is more familiar with the training/skills requirements, and also to ensure that he/she is familiar with the work site/shop. This will include safety, general hand/power tools, and operating procedures.
- You then sign the apprentice up with a New Apprentice Centre (NAC).
- The NAC will then request a TPO (Training Program Outline) from XLT.
- XLT will then discuss with you (the company) and also with the Apprentice to choose the best possible training units to benefit company/apprentice and industry from the Metals and Engineering Training Package.
- XLT will then discuss and organise with you (the company) about the best times for the off the job component of training for the Apprenticeship.
- XLT will give you regular progress updates of apprentice, will carry out on the job assessments/training, and liaise with the company supervisor/manager to ensure all training outcomes are achieved.
- Between XLT, the company, and the Apprentice, we will achieve the highest degree of craftsmanship skills, knowledge, values, and attitudes delivered to the highest levels of integrity and credibility.
To Know More about Apprentice & Trainee Training Please click here