The 16 MB of internal flash memory enables the tester to record and save the monitoring data even without a connection to a computer. As an option, a V5.x monitor is available for the ARGUS® 125:
This monitor can be used to record the V5.1 or V5.2 protocol, which can then be decoded in detail with the WINanalyse software.
The ARGUS® 125 supports all of the functions required for the installation and service of BRI and U interface accesses as well as those necessary for POTS accesses.
Its spectrum of features begins with automatic access tests, service checks and supplementary services tests, and continues with support for physical measurements with evaluations and bit error measurements on BRI and U interface accesses as well as network simulation on BRI accesses.
When used together with the analysis software WINanalyse, it can also serve as a passive monitor on BRI accesses, record all of the D channel data and – with convenient filter and search functions – decode it as clear text on the PC. The ARGUS 125 can also test digital leased lines (permanent circuits) and includes support for a bit error test on the D channel.
In addition, an optional MegaBERT is available for the ARGUS® 125. This option extends the bandwidth of the bit error rate test to a full 2Mbit/s – either on all 32 time slots (2Mbit/s unframed) or with 1984kbit/s on the time slots 1 to 31 (2Mbit/s framed).
On PRI accesses, the bit error rate test can be performed with a remote loop box or as an end-to-end measurement with another tester at the remote end.
Features of ARGUS® 125 ISDN Tester
- · PRI and BRI interface in TE/NT simulation mode
- · D channel passive monitoring for PRI and BRI
- · U interface and POTS interface with CLIP in terminal mod
- · POTS monitor with CLIP and DTMF decode
- · 16 MByte internal D channel data memory
- · Leased line test (PRI/BRI with/without D channel)
- · 128 kBERT* on U and BRI leased line
- · V5.1/V5.2 monitoring* (up to 3 time slots / multiple E1 links)
- · Simultaneous E1-bit error test at all B channels (MegaBERT*)
- · Support of private PABX protocols
- · Intuitive menu navigation with cursor keys and softkeys
- · Automatic test sequence and storage of the test reports
- · Data transfer to a PC by USB or RS-232
- · Powered by rechargeable batteries or power supply
- · Internal battery charging function
- · WINanalyse* PC software (ASN.1 D channel decoding for Windows 95,98, NT, 2000, ME, XP)*
- · Flash-ROM technology for free software updates via PC (WINplus)
- · Rugged and ergonomic handheld design
- · CE marked