The major advantage of the Australia IECEx approved Open Path Eclipse Gas Detectors is the automatic gain control to ensure that a strong signal is received at the detector head. During dusty or foggy conditions the detector will increase the sensor gain to try to enhance the signal.
The Australia IECEx approved Open Path Eclipse Gas Detectors will also give a beam block alarm within seconds if something obscures the beam. Most competitive products take 20-60 minutes to indicate a beam block. All the while your plant is not properly protected.
Easy access for maintenance:
The Australia IECEx approved Open Path Eclipse Gas Detectors detector has Hart communication capability and the remote Hart cable we have offered can be left connected to the IS Hart port and routed down to ground level for easy interrogation of the unit with a Hart 375 communicator. This allows an easy access for maintenance
Dual Xenon bulbs features:
The Xenon bulbs are fitted in pairs (two separate bulbs). They flash in alternating sequence. If they drop in intensity, the Australia IECEx approved Open Path Eclipse Gas Detectors will increase the intensity. If one fails, the other will take over and provide a bulb failure warning alarm via the 485 or Hart outputs. The output will drop to 3 mA. The life of the Xenon bulb would be expected to be very much longer than the 2 year warranty on the whole detector. The detector will stay on line and the alarm can be magnetically accepted for the detector then to resume its normal 4 to 20 mA output.
Easy calibration checks at ground level:
Full span calibration of Australia IECEx approved Open Path Eclipse Gas Detectors is not necessary, but, zero calibration can be carried out from ground level. Inside the unit, there is a magnetic reed switch that will initiate a zero calibration when activated. The calibration magnet and extension pole we have quoted will allow an easy calibration checks to be carried out at ground level.
Australia IECEx approved Open Path Eclipse Gas Detectors benefits:
- One model to cover ranges from 5 to 120m path length.
- Dual Xenon bulbs. If one fails the unit is able to operate with the one remaining bulb.
- Heated optics minimize condensation and keep the optics clean.
- Beam block alarm within 3 seconds if the pathlength is obscured .
- In the event of fog, dust or any obscurity between the transmitter and sensor the unit will increase the gain of the detector until a decent signal is obtained.
- Easy alignment with patented Detronics mounting bracket.
- Fail-Safe operation ensured by performing all critical tests once per second.
- Detailed HART diagnostics available.
- The unit will disclose all faults ensuring you will know when the detector is not able to detect a gas cloud.
- No routine calibration required.
- 100% stainless steel fabrication.
- Australia IECEx hazardous area approved.