Axle Setups - Tandem
We use Eye to Eye springs on all trailer tandem setups because they provide load sharing across all axles. Tandem trailer slipper springs do not provide load sharing.
Example: Tandem Slipper Springs. Park the front wheel a tandem trailer on the kerb and the back wheel will be in the air, putting the total weight on the front axle.
Tandem Eye to Eye springs. Front wheel on the kerb shares the load on both axles so the back wheel is in the gutter and not in the air.
Load sharing is important because the trailer setup is constantly sharing the load and bumps across the entire tandem trailer assembly. A two tonne setup will require 2 x one tonne axles.
(2.2RRR2E) Axle Setups - Tandem 2.2 tonne 45mm ROUND AXLE - 2 X ELECTRIC TANDEM ROCKER ROLLER SETUP
- 2 x 45mm Round Axles. (3000kg capacity)
- 4 x 10" Electric Backing Plate with Park Brake.
- 4 x Weld Rings on axle.
- 4 x 5 or 6 Stud Drums + Japanese Bearings.
- 2 x 6 Leaf Tandem Rocker Roller Spring sets.
- 2 x Hangers + Shackle Plates + Shackle Bolts.
- 2 x 1/2" U Bolt Sets.
- 1 x 3.5t Electric Brake Coupling.
- 1 x Breakaway Kit
To Know More about Axle Setups - Tandem Please click here