Two linear rows of bearings (one located on each side of the base), support the carriage and provide smooth, accurate, linear translation.
Features of Ball Bearing Slide:
- 0.00008 inch straight-line accuracy per inch of travel (0.00025 inches for miniatures)
- Non re-circulating ball bearing races for smooth, low-friction motion
- Precision ground mounting surfaces to assure flatness and parallelism
- Hardened and precision ground 440C stainless steel balls and rods
- Factory preloaded to precision specifications to eliminate any side play and provide a uniform coefficient of friction