Unlike common verification features such as serial numbers and holograms that can eventually be reproduced, BubbleTag offers a unique fingerprint incapable of duplication - even by the manufacturer of BubbleSeal/Tag. BubbleSeal labels are used essentially for brand protection, identity, data security and authentication.
Applications for Security Labels - BubbleSeal:
- Wines & Spirits
- Cosmetics/pharmaceutical products
- Original mechanical, electronic parts
- Contracts & certificates
Key Features of Security Labels - BubbleSeal:
- BubbleSeal allows authentication of product by visual comparison or by an optical reader. Customers may access the datasheet by computer or handheld device (e.g. mobile phone or PDA).
- A datamatrix block on the label provides machine readability even with low cost cameras.
- BubbleSeal integrates the BubbleTag on a destructible foil, enforcing single use and provides evidence of tampeering.
- Every BubbleSeal is individually registered to a database for verification.
How does it work?
The bubbles are self-generated in a polymer substance. The bubble constellations are unique and impossible to reproduce. Probability of reproduction <1/1080
The seals are able to be verified visually by referencing the serial number to an online database. A machine readable data matrix code may be used to lessen the chance of human error. The method of authentication is a comparison by eye and is accessible by anyone, even without specialised equipment.
For situations where authentication is to be automated to reduced chances of human error or to increase the authentication speed, a specialised reader may be used. The data matrix is read, and the bubble arrangement is automatically compared with those on the database. Readers may come in the form of radio enabled handheld readers or hardware components specially integrated into the clients manufacturing process.