- Proof Tester, Burner, Thumper in One
- Self-Contained Unit.
- 1500 Joules of Impulse Energy.
- Up to 32kV Capacitive Voltage Discharge.
- Extremely Light and Small for Rating.
- Manual or Automatic Thumper Pulse.
- Up to 32kV Hipot.
- Up to 160mA Fault Conditioning
- (Burning) Current (at 8kV).
- Voltage and Current Indication.
- Easily Interfaces to Hipotronics HV TDRs and Couplers.
- Test Wide Range of Cable in a Small Lightweight Package.
- Delivers More Energy at Lower Voltage.
- Easily Interfaces to Hipotronics and Other Systems.
- Higher Energy Allows Testing of Long Cable Lengths and Allows Easier Pinpointing of Problem Faults.
- Current Meter Allows Leakage Measurements on PILC Cables During Hipot Testing or Fault
- Conditioning (Burning).
- Single Shot Discharge Mode Allows Minimal Thumps When Using TDR.
Hipotronics CET-1500 Capacitive Discharge Cable Fault Locator is designed to fill the requirement between the highly portable 5100 First Response Fault Locating System and the higher voltage/energy CF70 Series Capacitive Discharge Fault Locators. The CET-1500 combines high discharge voltage with high discharge energy to allow location of a wide variety of cable faults, especially when used with a Hipotronics HV Digital TDR.
In addition, the controlled energy capability is quite beneficial for testing of XLPE cable where a lower “thump” voltage but higher energy is best. The CET-1500 is available in a standard 30" cabinet for easy van mounting (optional cabinets are available when combined with a TDR and coupler).
The package is very lightweight and portable for the voltage and energy rating. The standard 5 ft. output cable easily connects to a Hipotronics 8100 Cable Reel with a lockable MC connector. A standard MC locking plier termination is included. Additional types of cables and terminations may also be purchased.