Heavy Duty, Monolithic Floor Topping System Based on Polyurethane Technology
Nuthane is an industrial grade floor topping system specifically designed for the Australasian food industry.
Nuthane resin is blended with specially graded silica quartz aggregates to produce a floor system that is hard and durable, resistant to impact, abrasion, thermal shock and chemicals/food acids, yet is non-porous, hygienic and easily cleaned.
The Slurry & Broadcast system gives a thinner, more uniform base.
Typical Physical Properties & Features
- Nuthane is a heavy duty monolithic 6 mm thick floor topping based on polyurethane technology.
- No smell during application.
- Low temperature application. Use above 5¢ªC.
- Application to damp (but cured) concrete surfaces.
- Very high chemical resistance (see separate chart)
- Excellent abrasion resistance (6 times that of basalt concrete).
- Excellent impact resistance.
- Excellent adhesion to properly prepared substrates.
- Easily cleaned.
- Good slip resistance.
- Able to be formed into coving, plinths, sumps, etc.
- Good resistance to thermal shock.
- Contains Sterishield as a bacterial growth inhibitor. Will not promote bacteria or fungal growth. Cured film is non-toxic.
- Not moisture permeable.
- Flexural strength: 25 Mpa
- Weight per m2 @ 6 mm thickness: 14 kg/m2
- Freezing works, abattoirs, butchery floors, bottling plants, breweries, cosmetic and pharmaceutical, and food and beverage processing plants.
- Dairy factory floors.
- Ablution blocks, kitchens, laundries, supermarkets.
- Floors where a high degree of chemical, mechanical and slip resistance is of prime importance.
- Food process floors where a high degree of hygiene is required. Approved by regulatory authorities.
- Interior/exterior use. Concrete repair and protection . resurfacing damaged or broken concrete with a more physical and chemical resistant surface.
- Can be applied to new or existing sound concrete, timber or other surfaces.
- Suitable for use in dry or wet situations including ramps.