The Climax LM6200 Milling Machine revolutionises both the capabilities and functionality of portable mills. Four main features makes this one of the best milling machines on the market today:
- Extremely rigid, modular bed design.
- Innovative configuration options allow setup for both Linear and Gantry Milling in one machine.
- Powerful, precise machining.
- Reduced Friction Rail Technology.
Rigid, modular design
- Unique modular bed design allows shorter bed sections to be combined to fit the length of the work area without losing rigidity.
- Unique bed length section design provide superior rigidity across the entire bed length.
- Connection plates and fasteners optimised to provide the ultimate in rigidity, even when bed is extended by 2 or 3 times the original length.
Flexible configuration and operation
- The innovative new design of these Climax Milling Machines allow them to be configured for traditional linear milling, or simply split the rails lengthwise to configure for gantry milling!!
- Electric feeds can be mounted on the X, Y or Z axis.
- Machining capabilities include milling, drilling and even boring.
Powerful, precise machining
- Features heavy duty spindle design and a choice of Hydraulic Power Units - a 25 Hp (18.6 kW) HPU allows use of cutter heads of up to 10 inches (254.0 mm) in diameter.
- Milling can be done in any axis, with a milling head that can rotate 360° with an optional swivel plate for optimal spindle flexibility.
- Fast, aggressive milling in horizontal, vertical, or inverted applications.
- Provides reliable, precise milling to meet tight machining tolerances in both linear and gantry mill configurations
Reduced friction rail technology
- Reduced friction rail system allows extremely smooth, continuous, and non stick-slip travel.
- Precisely machined and aligned rails with advanced lubrication make machining applications smooth and efficient.
- Low friction system reduces maintenance costs and extends product life.
- Precision ball screws in X, Y and Zaxis assemblies allow precise location of milling head.