Compact Dry CF is a simple to use counting system for Total Coliforms in food, water and environmental samples. Results are available in 18-24 hours and are incubated at 35-37oC.
Results are available in 18-24 hours and are incubated at 35-37oC.
The Compact Dry CF medium contains chromogenic enzyme substrate X-GAL which produces distinctive blue colonies for easy reading. Growth of bacteria other than coliforms is mainly inhibited however if present do not form coloured colonies.
- The plates can be kept at room temperature for up to 16 months after production.
- Each foil bag contains 4 tests, ideal for small or infrequent users.
- Room temperature storage
- Sample is self diffusible, not need for the spreader plate
- Easier and faster to use than any other method.
- No height limits when stacking for incubation.
- Easy to subculture suspect colonies
- Rapid results
- Long shelf life
- No special diluents needed
- Allows culturing of filter membranes
- Compact Dry EC is AOAC validated : AOAC No. 110402
Direction for use
- Open aluminum foil and take out the set of 4 plates.
- Detach necessary number of plates by bending up and down while pressing the lid.
- Take off the lid of the plate and pipette 1 ml of sample in the middle of the Compact Dry plate.
- Sample diffuses automatically and evenly across the sheet, transforming the dried sheet into a gel within seconds.
- Replace the lid back on the plate and label. Invert the plate and incubate.
- Count the number of colonies appearing on the medium from underside of the plate. When the number of colonies is high, it is convenient to use the grids carved on the back of the container consisting of 1 cm x 1 cm or 0.5 cm x 0.5 cm.