DBI-SALA, a Capital Safety brand solely dedicated to the fall protection market, has announced the launch of their NEW Concrete Detent Anchor.
Constructed from rugged, corrosion-resistant stainless steel, the Detent Anchor provides a simple and safe solution that allows users to connect and disconnect from an anchorage with the push of a button. The anchor consists of two parts: a socket that is permanently installed in concrete; and a removable detent pin with attached connection ring that is placed into the socket to form a secure, fall-arrest-rated 22kN anchor point. Multiple sockets can be set into a concrete floor, wall or ceiling to provide a variety of anchor points, and the detent pin can be quickly and easily moved from socket to socket, keeping productivity high.
“Most concrete construction sites require a number of different anchorage points for personal fall arrest systems,” said Greg Peterson, Systems Manager for Capital Safety, Australia and New Zealand. “Capital Safety developed the concrete detent anchor to be used not only during construction, but also for ongoing maintenance and inspection, making it an ideal end-to-end solution.”
With the detent pin weighing in at less than one kilogram, the concrete detent anchor may be the most lightweight and portable anchor option for concrete construction and maintenance. Detent push-button operation makes anchor installation and removal simple. The user holds down the button while inserting the pin into a socket preset in concrete. Releasing the button locks the pin into place, securing the anchorage. To disconnect, simply push the button and the pin will be released from the socket. When a socket is not in use, a cap covers the recess, ensuring building aesthetics are not compromised.
Shock absorbing lanyards and self retracting lifelines can be connected to the forged connection ring on the detent pin. For added functionality, two anchors can be used as the endpoints for a horizontal lifeline system.
Concrete Detent Anchor Features:
- Reusable detent pin assembly allows user to tie-off anywhere a socket is pre-installed with a push of a button.
- Lightweight and portable anchor allows the user to easily move from one location to another.
- For added productivity, keep the detent connected to lanyard and attach to different socket locations.
- Socket can be installed vertically or overhead into a concrete wall, floor or ceiling (for use in shear), for added job site versatility.
- Socket cover cap ensures aesthetics are not compromised by blending it into the decor.
- Unique forged connection ring provides a compatible tie-off point for your fall arrest system for added safety.
- Versatile anchor can be used with shock absorbing lanyards, self retracting lifelines or as end anchors for a horizontal lifeline system.
- Rugged, corrosion resistant stainless steel design for harsh environments with no fragile parts to cause failure.
- Provides a safe, fall arrest rated 22kN anchor point.
- Meets the requirements of AS/NZS 1891.4.
For more information on the Concrete Detent Anchor call us on 1800 245 002 (AUS), 0800 212 505 (NZ) or visit www.capitalsafety.com.
Capital Safety, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of height safety, confined space and industrial rescue equipment with 9 operating sites worldwide, is home of the DBI-SALA and PROTECTA brands.
Please CLICK HERE for more information on the new DBI-SALA Concrete Detent Anchor.