Detection Radar Systems | Submarine Mast Detection SMDR
SMDR is a surface search and radar signal processing system with application specific algorithms hosted on CEA's MIRSS radar signal processing system.
It provides the operator with an auto-alert to exposed submarine masts, through application of real-time recognition of patterns representative of submarine tactical operations at periscope depth.
CEA-SMDR equipment consists of a tracker, workstation, monitor and an interface to radar and ships motion sensors.
Features of Detection Radar Systems for Submarine Mast Detection Include:
- automatic detection and tracking of submarine masts and periscopes;
- effective against ships, small boats and low-flying aircraft;
- can be installed aboard surface combatants or auxiliaries;
- can be supplied as a stand-alone or integrated capability;
- if required, a separate stabilisation package can be