Supplier: LightOptronics Aust.
19 August, 2008
Northrop Grumman Synoptics offers its customers the ability to grow, fabricate, coat, and diffusion bond solid-state laser materials.
Optical properties of YAG bonds:
- Transmitted wavefront distortions low Peak to Valley.
- Opto-lase grade wavefront distortion achieved in bonded rods.
- Mean stress birefringence decreases > 25% below as-grown contacted crystals following bonding heat treatment.
- Loss contribution of bonds is negligible.
High strength YAG bonds:
- >30% higher average strength in flexure tests than competitor bonds.
- Bond failures do not originate at the bond interface.
- Increased reliability indicated by higher Weibull modulus values.
- All SYNOPTICS bonds pass boiling water thermal shock testing.
- aterials available for bonding:
- All garnet materials (Nd:YAG, CTH:YAG, Er:YAG, GGG)
- Ceramic Nd:YAG
- Fluoride materials (Nd:YLF)
- Contact SYNOPTICS for bonding of other materials