It is a process whereby air is used to decrease the density of entrained solids and immiscible liquids thus accelerating the process of gravity separation of the contaminants from the water phase. The effluent normally requires chemical preconditioning to ensure the contaminants are in the most suitable form for separation to occur. The nature of the chemical pre-treatment will vary with the effluent type and is required to flocculate and coagulate the suspended solids, grease present and protein in the effluent.
SWA has been manufacturing DAF Units for projects ranging from small food processing plants to large abbattoirs, textile, dairy product plants..SWA's unique dissolved air system never fails and provides reliable performance and peace of mind.
SWA DAF units at a glance:
- Compact process requiring less space
- Yields higher concentrations of sludge
- Factory made units from 1m3/h up to 500 m3/h
- Larger units constructed on site
- Capable of removing insoluble particles and oil/grease from a carrier water phase
- More than 20 units made in last two years
- Sludge thickening DAF units available
- Co-current and counter-current DAF units available
- Separates neutral density particles
- Design flexibility
- Customised chemical pre-treatment
- Recycle system creates microfine flotation air bubbles using SWA's unique pressue air saturation pipe
- Wide range of applications
- Full treatment system integration
- Pilot Plants available
For more information on Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF) System, please click here.