Some common causes of loading dock accidents are:
- Inappropriate dock communication systems
- Inappropriate traffic management systems
- Premature truck departure
- Inappropriate training
- Trailer creep (also known as dock walk)
- Landing gear collapse and trailer tip.
Tieman dock design assistance
Tieman are leaders in dock design with over 50 years experience in the field.
Let us help you to reduce the risk of accidents and the devastating consequences of injuries to personnel.
We can assist you in the design of your dock area and provide guidelines for effective dock designs in our booklet “Modern Materials Handling & Dock Design”.
To view more information please click here.