The Dodge MagnaGear XTR family of gear reducers delivers high power /torque densities of up to 450,000Nm in a compact and versatile footprint to enable systems engineers to achieve substantial weight and space saving designs.
The Dodge MagnaGear XTR is a modular, global product that extends the advantages of planetary gear technology to achieve size reductions of 25% or more in larger capacity reducers compared with all helical or bevel gearing systems, significantly simplifying equipment design for engineers and equipment OEMs.
- Higher specification bearings than is usual in this market sector, exceeding L10 life standards;
- Monoblock cast iron housings up to 175,000Nm;
- Oversized inspection covers for easy access and maintenance;
- Four side mounting;
- Carburized hardened and ground gears;
- Tandem HBNR lip seals;
- Oil sampling ports;
- Provision for 3 axis vibration monitoring;
- Internal backstop design;
- Optimized thermal dissipation;
- Compatible with a variety of soft start mechanisms, including VF and fluid couplings.
The Dodge MagnaGear XTR is designed to meet or exceed international and AGMA standards and is built to order in five helical sizes from 12,000Nm to 45,000Nm and nine planetary sizes up to 450,000Nm. Smaller sizes can be supplied with solid or hollow output shafts.
- Internal lift-off style backstops
- Cooling systems
- Rigid couplings
- Torque arms
- Swing base mounts
- Tunnel housings