How to join
Local government members are also required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with ECO-Buy which remains active for a period of 36 months, subject to payment of an annual membership fee.
Generally, membership of ECO-Buy's programs consist of 7 steps:
- Nominate a staff person to coordinate implementation of the ECO-Buy program
- Establish a Working Group
- Develop, adopt and implement a Green Purchasing Policy
- Develop and implement an annual Action Plan
- Establish a system to track the purchasing of green products
- Provide an Annual Report to ECO-Buy on your organisation's purchasing of green products.
- Review and improve green purchasing plan