Electrical Engineering Courses include:
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering for Practicing Engineers and Technicians
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Mining
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma of ESI UET50212 and UET60212
- Graduate Certificate of Renewable Energy Technologies
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Best Practice in Electrical Engineering in Mining, Building, Industry and Utilities
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Circuit Breakers, Switchgear and Power Transformers – Safe operation and Maintenance
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Electrical Power System Protection
There is scarcely an aspect of modern life that isn’t dependent on electrical energy. It is used in such varied activities as cooling, heating, transport, manufacturing, production, communications, minerals processing and water transfer.
Engineers and technicians with an electrical diploma find employment in fields as diverse as generation, transmission, distribution and the eventual application of electrical energy in machinery. Due to the challenges of climate change there is also a vital interest in the use and storage of renewable and sustainable energy.
The demand for well trained electrical professionals is assured with rapid expansion of the electricity supply in the developing world, the addition of the yet-to-be-constructed smart grid, and our growing dependency upon electricity supply of high integrity. Electrical engineering skills and knowledge are also critical in a wide range of industries ranging from oil and gas, water utilities, process plants, mining, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and defence.
The EIT provide electrical engineering courses online for engineers and technicians of all levels and from all types of industry, be it mining, oil and gas or instrumentation.
The Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering covers a large range of topics and is suited to anyone needing an intensive and practical look at all facets of electrical engineering.
Key subjects in the EIT School of Electrical Engineering include:
- Power generation
- Power transmission
- Power distribution
- Rotating machinery
- Power electronics
- Earthing and safety regulations
- Electrical documentation and drawings
- ac and dc machines
- Circuit breakers
- Energy efficiency
- Earthing and lightning
- Power systems protection
- dc and ac emergency power supplies
- Electrical wiring regulations
- High voltage supplies and power quality