This removes ferrous particles which would corrode if left on the stainless steel parts.
Advantages of Anderwoods' Electropolishing:
- It is a non distortion process so therefore electropolished parts are neither subject to mechanical nor thermal stress from polishing media, nor are they impinged or tumbled.
- This is a great process when stainless steel parts have been exposed to ferrous contaminants (grinding dust, rust particles from adjacent work or abrasion from tools, etc).
- It also leaves it with a high polish finish.
- The primary objective is to minimise micro-roughness. This dramatically reduces the risk of dirt or product residues adhering and thus improving the cleanability and the brightness of the surface of the product.
Areas where you would find a large benefit to this process:
- Biochemical and food-processing industries
- Furniture - Indoor and out
- Screws, bolts or any small stainless parts, including fragile components