An employer has a "duty of care" to provide staff with a safe workplace. The Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations states that operators of plant equipment must undergo activity based instruction and training.
A Yellow Card provides 'evidence of training' for the following equipment:
- Boom Lift (under 11m)
- Scissor Lift
- Vertical Lift
- Trailer Lift or
- Truck Mount
The course structure is both specific to your particular model of equipment and to Elevating Work Platforms in general, delivering a broad overview.
Cobra Training Services provides public courses for scissor, boom (under 11m) and vertical lifts at our site in Wetherill Park, Sydney NSW on a weekly basis. We also provide this service at your site for groups of 4-12 people.
- Site Inspections and Hazard Identification/Controls
- Work Safely around powerlines and in windy conditions
- Use of Operations Logbook
- Safety Harness use and regulations
- Identify and understand safety decals, operators manuals and compliance plates
- Conduct Pre Operational checks of the Elevating Work Platform
- Practical Safe Operation of the EWP
- Emergency Descent Procedures
- Verbal/Written and Practical Assessment
All participants meeting the assessment criteria will be issued an Elevating Work Platform Association ‘Trained Operator’ Yellow Card, specific to the type of EWP you have been trained in the use of; i.e. Boom Lift, Scissor Lift, Vertical Lift, Trailer Lift or Truck Mount.
Please note: This course does not cover Boom Type Lifts Over 11m Platform Height.
These types of EWPs require a National Licence for people performing High Risk Work, issued by the WHS Regulator in each state (eg WorkCover NSW). We also provide training and assessments for this High Risk Work licence requirement in our EWP course. Please ask us for more details.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age, able to speak and understand English and provide suitable ID.
- 6 hours (depending on the size of the training group and level of knowledge and skills)
Boom Type Lifts Over 11m Platform Height
These types of EWPs require a License to Perform High Risk Work, issued by the WHS Regulator (eg Workcover NSW) in each state.
We can provide training and assessments for this qualification also.