Engineering Plastics | Clear Polycarbonate
Clear polycarbonate sheet, polycarbonate rod & polycarbonate tube is a premium quality ‘see through’ polycarbonate material typically used in the fabrication of guarding in safety guarding, sight glass high impact applications.
The properties of polycarbonate sheet, polycarbonate rod & polycarbonate tube make it tough, easy to handle, easily fabricated and formed, and easy to machine into parts or panels. Safeguard polycarbonate sheet is unique for its impact resistance and its shock-load resistance. It is literally sledgehammer proof.
Polycarbonate Sheet is clearly the right choice for glazing where there is potential for glass breakage. These applications include schools, public buildings, transportation centres, and in areas where high traffic and vandalism is prevalent.
Polycarbonate Advantages: Polycarbonate sheet is an excellent product for safety and security applications. It is light-weight and has 250 x the impact strength of glass.
Polycarbonate sheet products:
- Safeguard UVX - UV Protected both sides
- Safeguard Hard - Abrasion resistant
Key Features and Benefits of Polycarbonate sheet & rod products
- Excellent impact resistance (250 times stronger than glass)
- Very good optical properties
- Ability to be cold formed in thinner gauges
- Moderate chemical resistance
- Self extinguishing
- Excellent acoustic properties
- UV Resistant
Applications : Clear Polycarbonate sheet & rod products
- Safety and vandal resistant glazing
- Machine Guards
- Sight glasses
- Safety visors
- Transparent Instrument components
- Electrical Components