To create a uniform solution for processing incoming customer queries, the following requirements had to be met.
- SAP as the leading system for all future processes
- One-time and database-supported entry of data, consistent availability across all process levels
- Integration of a new portal solution for certain queries and subprocesses that is linked to SAP and uses data in an integrative manner and supplements it
- Workflows for process-controlled triggering of user interactions
The new portal on the basis of inubit supports the international portlet standard JSR168 in order to be able to operate applications in different environments.
In the context of the integration, the following steps were implemented:
- Setup of the business process model (from the global process descriptions to detailed function modules)
- Design and configuration of requested user interaction
- Setup of the data model incl. dialog integration of the portal function with SAP
The end-to-end development of the business process model without media discontinuity and Technical Workflows within a platform quickly produced results:
- Bundling and management of all information required for costing by the departments and staff involved in the process via the portal platform
- Integration of Excel worksheets in SAP to preserve costing in the previous environment and the investment in the previous procedure
- Flexible adjustability through easy configuration of business processes
To ensure that the interaction between the sales, administration, consulting and costing departments is carried out with the required transparency as well as to ensure the traceability of customer queries, KSM Castings wanted to replace their Excel based process implementation and reduce data redundancies by means of integration with SAP. In addition to SAP as the leading system, KSM decided to introduce a portal solution based on inubit.
"Due to the changed requirements and increasing complexity as well as the necessity to create a company-wide uniform solution for processing incoming queries from our customers in the automotive industry, we decided to fundamentally restructure our processes in 2006," notes Horst Esser, Manager of IT Application Systems at KSM Castings GmbH.
The starting point was that the Excel-based process implementation was not able to guarantee sufficient transparency and traceability of queries in the interaction of all departments from sales, administration and controlling to costing.
In addition, the required integration with SAP was missing, which resulted in data redundancies and significant additional expenses. It was also not possible to use a workflow to control the flow.