The Environmental Particulate Air Monitor model EPAM-5000 provides a complete real-time profile and graphical representation of airborne particulate levels and exposures with data read out in milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m3).
When the EPAM-5000 is deployed the sample air stream first passes by the light scattering sensor where particulate concentration is registered electronically, then the air stream is deposited directly onto a 47mm gravimetric filter located directly behind the optical sensor as shown above. The 47mm filter cassette is designed in accordance with the United States Environmental Protection Agency's standards.
The EPAM-5000 offers a 24-hour rechargeable battery for portable flexibility and runs as a continuous monitor when used with the supplied AC power transformer. All is housed in a rugged watertight carrying case for ambient air monitoring. All real time data is immediately stored in the instrument’s computer memory and can be viewed on the LCD display or downloaded to a PC using the provided graphical and statistical software package.
The EPAM-5000 reduces the cost of acquiring data for regulatory compliance program support and safety audit reporting. The benefit of real-time data collection allows for immediate and permanent documentation and assists in reducing the number of manual filter gravimetric tests. This reduces labor costs and associated lab analysis and results in a cost saving for any air monitor program.
- Graphical representation
- Fast and easy setup
- Internal air sampling pump
- Audible alarm
- Highly sensitive from 0.001 to 20.0 mg/m3 for particles 0.1 to 100 µm
- Optional 0.01 to 200 mg/m3 range available
- Accuracy ± 10% to NIOSH 0500 using SAE fine test dust
- High correlation to EPA PM10 methods
- Internal air sampling pump with adjustable flow rate from 2.0 to 4.0 L/min
- Real-time sensor and in-line 47-mm gravimetric filter cassette holder
- EPA FRM-style cassette holder for gravimetric reference
- Immediate display and data storage
- Internal temperature compensation for ambient use
- Interchangeable size-selective sampling inlets
- 10 µm, 2.5 µm, and 1.0 µm cut-points
- Rugged, waterproof carry case
- Rechargeable lead-acid battery for 24-hour operation
- Continuous monitoring with AC adapter
- Easy four-key menu-driven operation
- Stores up to 15 months of data
- RS232 digital output
- Easy-to-use data analysis software included
- Large, easy-to-read display
- Portable and compact, 6 x 14 x 10 inches (35.6 x 15.2 x 25.4 cm), 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- CE approved
- Real-time clock and data display
- Quantifying off-site particulate migration
- Surveying for PM2.5 and PM10
- Monitoring dust generation during drilling and excavation
- Emergency response and fugitive emissions compliance
- OSHA/EPA compliance
- Dust collector/ventilation system checks
The SKC EPAM is available at Air-Met Scientific for sale and rental.