The base unit (or brain) connects to the fiber optic cable and provides visual indication of fiber link status. Information is received from up to four input modules that can be cascaded. Each module has a partner module installed on the corresponding base unit. An integrated backplane allows for communications between modules with no external inter-modular connection. Installation and commissioning is fast and simple — no programming is required.
Power Supply Options:
The base unit and all its connected input/output modules can receive power from the standard EOTec 2000 power supplies (120/240VAC, 125VDC or 24VDC) or from an external 24VDC power supply connected directly to the base unit through a pluggable screw terminal connection.
Typical applications include remote analog data transmission over long distances, smoke stack emissions monitoring instrumentation, windmills (wind turbines) and extensions of DCS or PLC systems. Each base unit has a duplex optical port for use with multi-mode or single mode optical fiber with transmissions at 1300 nm using industrialized ST/SMA connectors.
Features of Ultra Electronics, NSPI modular FOT/FOR Analog Data Links
- Up to 8 analog or digital signals over a pair of fiber optic cables
- Bi-directional communications
- Configurable with multi-mode or single mode optical fiber
- Pluggable screw terminals for all wire connections
- Visible status LED’s for power, TX/RX and channel inputs
- Available with dual redundant, hot swappable power supplies
- Designed for mounting on standard 35 mm DIN-Rail
- Operating temperature range of –40 °C to 85 °C, 0-90% RH (non-condensing)
- Dimensions (each module): 22.5 mm (0.9”) w x 99 mm (3.9”)h x 114 mm (4.5”) d