Expandable mandrels often eliminate the necessity of holding close tolerances in a bore just to accommodate old style solid mandrels. For inside diameter gripping of rough or finished components expanding mandrels offer many advantages over conventional methods.
- Simple loading by hand or robot
- Very low TIR (Total Indicator Runout) of workpieces
- Gripping over large area which minimises distortion
- Highly suited to thin walled components
- Ability to grip and centre at ends of component only
- Quick change over to different collet sizes
For more information on Expanding Mandrel, please click here.